Annual Research Symposium
The Hampton Roads Chapter of the American Society for Public Administration (HR-ASPA) is holding its annual research symposium on March 16, 2023, from 9:00 a.m. -1:00 p.m. (EST). The symposium is virtual. We welcome presentations from scholars, practitioners, graduate students, and anyone else interested in sharing their thoughts and ideas on the symposium theme. This year’s theme is “Trust in Government and Other Challenges of Public Service in a Multi-sector Environment.” The
symposium will explore, in sequential panel presentations, how public, private, and non-profit agencies approach the growing trust gap between government organizations and the public, in inter-and intra-agency and boundary-spanning settings, and where the work of public/private/and non-profit entities intersect. Topics could include:
- Transparency and responsiveness in government
- Leadership best practices to further trust in government, including servant
- leadership, ethical leadership and decision making
- Equitable resource allocation and fiscal stewardship; competition for funding
- Environmental justice, including equity for neglected and marginalized communities
Panel Presentations are expected to be 10-12 minutes in length, with each panel having no more than 4 presentations. Each panel is moderated. Panels will be 60 minutes in length.
Participation in the symposium is free. We welcome submissions from both members and non-members of the Hampton Roads chapter of ASPA. Proposals are being solicited for panel presentations. You can propose an individual panelpresentation or a full panel (3-4 presentations). Proposals must be submitted to Gail Nicula (email@example.com) by February 3, 2023. Acceptance
notifications will be shared no later than February 20, 2023. Proposals must include:
- Author(s) name, affiliation, and contact information (i.e., email and phone).
- Member/Non-member status in ASPA and HR-ASPA.
- Title and abstract of the proposed presentation (250 words).
If you have any questions, please contact either Gail Nicula (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Gary Roberts (email@example.com).