Call for Papers
The Hampton Roads Chapter of the American Society for Public Administration (HR-ASPA) will be holding the annual research symposium on March 18, 2021, from 9:30 am – noon (Eastern). This year’s symposium will be entirely virtual. We welcome papers from practitioners and graduate students.
Symposium Theme: Responsive Public Service
The theme of the symposium is responsive public service. We will be exploring how public and non-profit agencies seek to identify the evolving needs and expectations of the communities they serve in a dynamic political, economic, and social environment.
Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
- Diversity: Public Sector Challenges and Opportunities
- Public Sector Response to Pandemics
- Public Service Education: Creating Relevance in a Dynamic Public Sector Environment
- Empowering Public Administration Students in Research and Practice
- Public Administration in the Post-truth Environment
There will be panels from 9:45-10:45 am and from 11:00 am – noon (Eastern). Each presentation will be 10-12 minutes in length, with each panel having 4-5 individual papers. No registration fees
Proposals must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1/23/2021. Acceptance notification will be shared no later than 2/7/21. Proposals must include:
- Author(s) name and affiliation
- Author(s) contact information (email and phone)
- Title and abstract of the proposed presentation (250-500 words)
- Please note whether the proposal is for an individual paper or part of a proposed panel presentation.
If you have any questions, please contact HR-ASPA President Tom Poulin at email@example.com or at 757-681-6650.